Here are some awesome tips when you’re planning to move across state lines and need have your car moved. We unfortunately are only nyc piano movers, which means we only move within the city of New York. But hope these tips will help you.
1. In case you need a specific date for delivery because you won’t be able to receive your car at any other possible time, then it is important to let the auto transport company you choose know this, as there may be a holding fee at their terminal.
2. Are the sales agents knowledgeable and courtesy on the phone?
3. Many times shipping your vehicle is cost effective with today’s rising gas prices so you should always explore the option when you need to relocate your car, truck or SUV. This also allows you to focus on your move and your family relieving you of stress of driving your vehicle.
4. Call up your choice company and inquire about the kind of insurance coverage that the company has with regards to shipments. Also ask if there is a deductible. Ask for their insurance policy carefully even if they might be written in fine print then ask for a copy so you could also review them over yourself at home.
5. Moving down the freeway at 45 mph, with the lead car only twenty feet in front of your own requires absolute attention to everything going on around both vehicles — remember, the back car provides the braking system for both vehicles. The need for absolute attention grows more difficult with every passing mile. When one adds the elements of freeway traffic, rain, cold, and a lack of power or heat in the back vehicle, the job becomes even more difficult.
6. Most people who need to move a vehicle from one destination to another will be doing so because they are actually moving residences and work locations.
7. It is always better to check whether the company implements efficient technology during the shipping process. The auto transporters should be aware about the dynamics of your vehicle, and only shipping experts satisfy this condition. The company should be able to provide prompt and consistent delivery service.
8. Auto shipping is the only way of transporting your vehicle to any place around the world. Another very important task is to make a study on the various auto shipping companies regarding their prices. Because it is very essential to select a company which quotes fair and economical price rates.
9. In most cases, your car will be transported on an eight or 10-car hauler, the same type of trucks used to deliver new cars. These trucks are 75-80 feet long and almost 14 feet high. They can be difficult to maneuver and are limited to major roads that are free of low hanging trees and low clearance bridges. Make sure you keep this in mind when directing the truck to the pick-up location. If you want to make sure that your car stays clean, and avoids all highway wear and tear, then have your car transported in an enclosed car transport trailer.
10. Last tip is a video not specifically about moving your car but helpful if you’re planning to move. Enjoy!